Flooring renovations are one of the simplest and most effective methods for increasing your home’s aesthetic and overall value. Often underestimated flooring has a large impact on interior design – it’s underfoot, after all. In fact, your flooring is literally the foundation of your home’s design and a beat up, warped or damaged floor will make the best of interior designs appear shabby. When you choose us to complete your flooring renovation, you’ll be working with an experienced contractor. We can install countless hardwood flooring options, including traditional hardwood planks as well as engineered hardwoods. The majority of our floor renovation projects are in Kitchener Waterloo.
Use Westmount Craftsmen and experience a Flooring Renovation that will make You fall in Love with Your home again
Westmount Craftsmen uses a personalized approach and high-quality craftsmanship to yield finished hard surface flooring that provides the perfect foundation for your home’s design. Whether it’s part of a full home renovation, or just a one room, our team makes sure you are left with a beautiful and durable custom flooring.
Choosing the right flooring materials for your renovation is important. We take a unique approach to our home design process, working from the ground up – literally, in this case! First, we want to know how the relevant living spaces are used by your family.
Things we take into consideration include:
- Which room will the flooring be installed? Bathrooms, kitchens and laundry rooms have different moisture considerations when compared with your living rooms or bedrooms. A main hallway will experience more traffic than your formal living or dining room.
- Do you have children or grandchildren who visit often? Children are a little harder on home furnishings and finishes than adults. The more children you have, and the younger they are, the more durable you’ll want your flooring to be.
- Does your household wear shoes in the home or do you require people to kick them off upon entering? If shoes, boots and heels will be worn in the house, you want to select a product that can handle it without scratching or scuffing easily.
- Do you have pets? If so, what types, what sizes and how many? If you’ve ever heard the click-click-click of a dogs nails on a hardwood floor, you understand why this matters. Nails from dog paws can do quite a bit of damage if you haven’t accommodated for it in your flooring selection.
- Do your current floors feel cold? Nothing is nicer than waking up in the morning and enjoying the warmth of a warm floor on your bare feet. If you tend to feel cold, ask about heated floor options. It’s much easier – and more affordable – to install heated floors as part of your floor renovation than if you decide to do it later.
Each of these details shed a light on which product types will work best. The last thing you want is to choose a product for its looks, only to find out it doesn’t stand up to your household’s daily wear and tear.
Responded to my inquiry within minutes
“Collin from Westmount Craftsmen Inc. responded to my inquiry within minutes (about floor installation). During his first visit, we learned he is very knowledgeable and will be able to assist us with all of our upcoming home renovations. Whether you are looking for some help with a small or large project, you should contact Westmount Craftsmen Inc. They enjoy their work, and it shows!”
Frequently asked questions about Flooring Renovations
Here are some of the questions Westmount Craftsmen is asked regarding floor renovations:
How much does a custom flooring cost?
Typically, full flooring renovation labour costs begin at $2.75 per square foot, before the cost of materials. We’ll make sure to find out what your budget is from the start so we find products that work within your means.
How long does a flooring installation take?
You’ll be amazed by how fast the process goes. While total project times vary according to square footage and materials, the average flooring reno takes anywhere from two to seven days to complete.
Will I need to move out of my home?
Not usually. Our crews work expediently and meticulously to cause as little inconvenience as possible. You may have to get creative about how and which rooms are occupied throughout the course of the flooring renovation, but you will always have our schedule ahead of time so you can make arrangements accordingly.
Contact Us For a Free Quote! and Get Started on Your Flooring Renovations Project
Give us a call at (519) 635-7089 or fill out the form below to schedule your consultation. We look forward to getting to know more about you so we can make personalized selections on beautiful hardwood flooring options that will stand the test of time…and your family!
Westmount Craftsmen Inc. was awarded Best of TrustedPros in 2014 & 2013 for Windows and Doors, Bathroom Renovations and General Contracting in Kitchener, Ontario
100 Campbell Ave #11
Phone: (519) 635-7089
|Saturday||by appointment only|